Saturday, November 06, 2004

Just Some Odd Stuff From the News

Every so often the news is filled with stories that I find to be, for lack of a better word, ridiculous. Now is one of those times.

I really just had to share these.

First there is the tale of the man in Taipei who thought that the lions at the zoo really, really needed to be saved. Now, I don't mean released from captivity, or any animal rights type issue. He thought they should be saved in the Christian sense. He wanted the really big carnivorous cats from Africa to invite Jesus into their hearts. There's a Christians and lions joke in the somewhere...

One of the lions bit him.

People sitting in their living rooms around the world watched this on their TV's and applauded the lion's innovation on dealing with door to door evangelists.

Read more about it here.

Next we have an American Air National Guard F-16 Fighting Falcon that accidentally opened fire on a school. That in and of itself isn't that unusual. Mistakes are frequently made. Sometimes you hit the wrong target, it's unfortunate, but it happens. What makes this story unusual is that the location of the school. It wasn't in Iraq. It wasn't in Afghanistan. It was in New Jersey.


Read more about this on here.

Next, well, I promised I wasn't going to talk about the election anymore and this isn't about the presidential election, so I think it's ok. Besides, my blog, so I get to make the rules.

This story concerns the race for county commissioner in White Pine county, Nevada. What made this race unusual was that each of the two candidates received 1847 votes. Luckily Nevada law has a solution for such situations. Flipping a coin, drawing straws or picking a card. So they each picked a card and the candidate who drew the queen of clubs was duly elected. Well, it's Vegas...

But it could be worse, I know that if Bush were elected based on the luck of the draw, I for one would be pretty annoyed.

The details on this one are here.

Just how cold is it?

At my house:

Where I grew up:

Where my brother (The communicator) is:

 

Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:

email:

Powered by NotifyList.com

or get the Atom feed of my blog here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Creative
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.