Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The Elephant Votes

"Living next to you [the United States] is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is affected by every twitch and grunt."

-Pierre Elliot Trudeau. Former Prime Minister of Canada, 1919 - 2000

This is the best and most succinct descriptions of our relationship with the US that I have ever come across.

Today the elephant votes and predictably it's almost as fascinating to Canadians as Americans.

Personally, I'm currently glued to CNN and have 4 different browser windows open. I even had a long discussion with the Canadian official at the border about it when I came home from Lexington yesterday.

So far it's as close to tied as any major election in (at least my) memory.

It looks like it's going to be a long and interesting night.

Just how cold is it?

At my house:

Where I grew up:

Where my brother (The communicator) is:

 

Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:

email:

Powered by NotifyList.com

or get the Atom feed of my blog here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Creative
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.