Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Back from Lexington

My apologies for the lack of updates over the last week. I was in Lexington and SouthernKitten's Internet access was on the fritz. No internet = No updates.

Anyway lately while driving I've been playing with taking pictures with my free hand. Now, just to dispel any fears you might have for my safety, I don't use the view finder. I just point and shoot. Since it's a digital camera it's not like I'm wasting film. More often than not the pictures don't turn out, but occasionally I get a really nice one and I'm getting better at it.

Here are a few from this trip(severely trimmed to both be small enough to post and to show only the interesting bits)



This is a shot of the cooling towers for the Fermi 2 nuclear plant in Michigan. I took it because I wasn't sure what it was, but thought it looked a lot like the nuke plant on The Simpsons... Turns out there's a reason for that...



This is a shot of a 42 foot statue of Jesus in front of the Solid Rock Church in southwestern Ohio, just a little north of Cincinnati.

I watched over a couple months as he was built in sections, the last being his hands. The hands seemed to take a while and he sat there with large metal beams sticking out of his wrists. During this period I called him "Laser Beam Jesus"...

He's quite the sight.



In the middle of Ohio I encountered a small convoy of three new-ish Corvettes. This is a shot of them in my rearview mirror after I passed them.

Who could resist photographing three Corvettes in their rearview? Clearly not me.




In other news, I've been seeing an ad on TV lately for prepackaged breakfasts from Jimmy Dean.

Among other things the commercial features an enthusiastic woman saying:

"The eggs come from real chickens!"

"The cheese comes from real cows!"

"The sausage comes from Jimmy Dean!"

Does anyone else find this disturbing?

Poor Jimmy Dean.

Just how cold is it?

At my house:

Where I grew up:

Where my brother (The communicator) is:

 

Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:

email:

Powered by NotifyList.com

or get the Atom feed of my blog here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Creative
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.