Friday, October 01, 2004

DevilBoy and I Had Been Drinking...

My parents are coming to visit and will be arriving tomorrow, which is a change of plan from when they were going to be arriving tonight, which was a change of plan from when they were to be arriving tomorrow. Nothing like following a plan...

My place isn't anywhere near as clean as I would like it to be, due to my having felt like crap over the last couple of days. I've had a nasty cold/flu type thing and for reasons I don't comprehend my lower back has really been hurting.

Next weekend will be Thanksgiving (Canadian Thanksgiving, obviously) and I'll be heading to Orillia. With any luck I'll be able to get together with DevilBoy and have a few drinks.

I haven't told any of my drinking with DevilBoy stories here yet, but there are quite a few of them. My favourite is probably what happened when I came back to Orillia one fall for my high school commencement.

I really hadn't been out of town that long, but it was my first time living away from home , so the couple a months had seemed like a really long time. DevilBoy and I had gone to our favourite bar and had what I imagine was a lot of drinks. The we left the bar and took a stroll, you know, to see the enormous changed that must have happened over the fall... One thing I really wanted to do for some reason was stick my finger in the lake to see what temperature it was. I have no idea why, but it seemed important at the time.

DevilBoy and I stumbled down to the beach. I stuck my finger in the water, thus satisfying my desire to learn that, yes, the lake was cold. DevilBoy didn't stop stumbling in time. He continued stumbling right into the water and then face planted into it. He expressed in graphic terms just how cold the lake really was.

For reasons that I don't remember DevilBoy ended up crashing on my floor. The next morning, he got up (still wet) and asked if he'd fallen off the beach. I just laughed.

We should have a good time next weekend, like I said, we'll likely get a few drinks, but I doubt we'll be going near the lake.

Just how cold is it?

At my house:

Where I grew up:

Where my brother (The communicator) is:

 

Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:

email:

Powered by NotifyList.com

or get the Atom feed of my blog here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Creative
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.