Friday, September 24, 2004

Talk Radio

This will be a short entry and the saga of my knee will continue next week.

I drove down to Lexington yesterday afternoon.

It's a five and a half hour drive and to entertain myself I listen to a lot of radio. I prefer talking to music, and my first choice is current events or news on CBC or NPR. If, they're playing music, or programming I don't like, I'll listen to all sorts of stuff... The nature of talk radio means I usually disagree with the opinions expressed, but I still find it interesting to hear exactly what the right wing lunatics are on about at the moment. I usually don't even get offended.

Yesterday I did, though. The host (whom I've listened to before) must have been off his meds or something... First he criticized Bush for failing to use nuclear weapons in Iraq. There are lots of things one can criticize Bush for. Tons really. I just don't think that's one of them...

Then he talked about the bill that passed the House yesterday that would prevent people from challenging the Pledge of Allegiance in court. Which I find to be both a waste of time and a preposterous idea. Apparently being opposed to this bill makes me not only a mental and spiritual degenerate but also a sexual one as well...

At that point I picked my jaw up off the floor of the car and changed the channel...

Just how cold is it?

At my house:

Where I grew up:

Where my brother (The communicator) is:

 

Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:

email:

Powered by NotifyList.com

or get the Atom feed of my blog here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Creative
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.