Friday, May 06, 2005

Mistaken Identity in the Dryer

Before leaving for her summer job last week, WereGirl did a humongous amount of laundry here. (I have a washer and dryer, she doesn't, so she sometimes does laundry here). WereGirl has enough clothes for about 5 girls, or (with some suitable substitutions) 87 guys. I know this because I helped her pack last time she moved. The bags of clothes completely filled the bed of a full size pick up truck. Completely, as in no more would fit and it's entirely possible that one or two fell out. I counted them at the time, and I remember it being an impressive number, but it has long since faded from my mind.

Consequently, WereGirl doesn't need to do laundry very often, but when she does it's a major production. She also tends to start and not finish, so I usually have a load of two of her clothes stowed somewhere. This time she was here every hour or so for a couple of day, bringing more dirty clothes, taking clean clothes away and putting the wet clothes in the dryer. And after all that she almost finished. Almost. When she left for her job she left a load in the dryer, but this is the smallest amount of WereGirl's clothes I've had here for a quite some time.

But the load abandoned in the dryer reminded me of one of the first loads left there a couple of years ago. At the time WereGirl had two roommates living with her. One we'll call "Miss Independence" and the other isn't important enough in this story for me to bother thinking up a clever name. Miss Independence also did laundry here now and then when she lived with WereGirl. The girl other did not. I have no idea where or even if she did laundry. Anyhow, on one of her infrequent visits, Miss Independence did a load and then completely forgot about it in the dryer. I'd just done laundry, so the load went unnoticed and unattended to for about a week.

The next weekend I left town for reasons that I no longer remember. What I do remember is that when I came home WereGirl was folding a recently finished load of laundry. I put my bag away and noticed that she had put Miss Independence's load of laundry on my bed, with a black pair of panties placed jauntily on top (which I didn't notice as having been done intentionally at first). I put the laundry in a basket and carried it back out of my room.

"Did you see the laundry on your bed?" WereGirl asked pointedly, clearly very annoyed about something.

"I did. It's actually a load Miss Independence left here." I replied.

"Oh..."

WereGirl, had obviously thought the laundry was mine. And the panties... Well, me, I can think of many reasons why I might have women's underwear in my home. I could have had a visitor since she last was there, for instance. Also, there were two girls who both did laundry at my house. These were not the sort of conclusion that WereGirl drew.

It's important to note at this point that WereGirl is a pretty small girl. She doesn't really think so, and rarely behaves that way, but she is. She's an inch or two over five feet tall and very slim. Miss Independence is a more average sized girl, and thus wears slightly larger underwear..

"Did you see the underwear?" WereGirl asked.

"Yes..."

"I have a pair like that. I thought you'd stolen them and had stretched them out by wearing them." She admitted.

WereGirl can be a little strange sometimes.

Just how cold is it?

At my house:

Where I grew up:

Where my brother (The communicator) is:

 

Join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:

email:

Powered by NotifyList.com

or get the Atom feed of my blog here

Is my Blog HOT or NOT?

Creative
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.